Texas Border Spicy ChiliFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large bermuda onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 5 large garlic cloves finely chopped shopping list
- 4 pounds beef shank coarsely ground shopping list
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings shopping list
- 4 scallions chopped shopping list
- 5 green bell peppers chopped shopping list
- 5 fresh serrano chilies chopped shopping list
- 1 pound chorizo sausage shopping list
- 4 medium garlic cloves finely chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons ground hot red chilies shopping list
- 4 tablespoons ground mild red chilies shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 can beer shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Puree the first four ingredients plus one clove of the garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Scrape mixture into a large heavy pot and add the beef.
- Melt the bacon drippings in a heavy skillet over medium heat then add scallions, bell peppers, chilies, sausage and the remaining garlic then and cook until the onions are translucent and the sausage is browned.
- Place cumin seeds in a 300 oven for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove seeds from oven and crush with a mallet.
- Stir vegetables into the beef and tomato mixture then add salt, ground chilies, cumin, beer and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 6 hours.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
just as a quick suggestion if you are feeding a larger crowd you may wish to add some beens to this either a half pound of dried beans (please follow instructions for preparing) a few cans of ready to use beans.jjanemt79 in Lyndhurst loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!