Orange Creamsicle CakeFrom crossfire 8 years ago
- vegetable oil spray for the pan shopping list
- flour for dusting shopping list
- 1 (18.25 ounces) plain yellow cake mix shopping list
- 3/4 cup fat free salad dressing (mayo) shopping list
- 1 pkg (1.3 ounces) whipped topping mix shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice ( from 2 medium oranges) shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp orange zest shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sgar shopping list
- 2 tbsp orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 10 inch tube pan with vegetable spray, then dust with flour. Set aside.
- Placethe cake mix, salad dressing, whipped topping mix, orang juice, eggs, and zest in a large mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape bowl often. Increase speed and beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just stars to pull away from the sides of the pan - 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and place it on a wire rack and cook for 15 minutes. Invert again onto another rack so that it is right side up. Allow the cake to cool completely, 30 minutes more.
- For glaze: mix sugar and oj unti smooth.
- Place the cake on a serving platter. Spoon the glaze over the top of cooled cake and let it drizzle into the center and down the sids. Let rest for 20 mintues for the glaze to set.
- Store cake, covered in plastic wrap at room temp for one week.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- crossfire Garner, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!