Tomato bread sticksFrom crossfire 8 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried fast action yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup warm water shopping list
- 6 pieces sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp skim milk shopping list
- 2 tsp poppy seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Place the flour, salt and yeast in a food processor. Add honey and olive oil, and with the machine running, gradually pour in the water (you may not need all of it). Stop adding water as sooon as the dough starts to cling together. Process for 1 minute more.
- turn out dough onto a floured board and knead for 3-4 minutes until springy and smooth.
- Knead in the chopped sun dried tomatoes. for into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Leave to rest for 5 miinutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Divid the dough into 16 equal pieces and with your fingers, roll each piece into an 11 x 1/2 inch long stick.
- transfer to a lightly oiled cookie sheet and leave to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Brush the sticks with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
The Rating1 people
Hey, CrossFire, I just posted "Individual Layered Dip" recipe, and these yummy bread sticks were one of my recommendations to go with the dip. (Hope you don't mind...)
TY for a great recipe!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!