Kung Pao ChickenFrom elle 8 years ago
- 3 TB canola oil, divided shopping list
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 1/2 TB fresh ginger, divided shopping list
- 4 TB water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, or more to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 3/4 c chicken broth shopping list
- 4 TB hoisin sauce shopping list
- 4 TB rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 TB soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 4-6 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 4 TB coarsely chopped peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 TB oil on med high.
- Add broccoli and half the ginger; cook 2 minutes.
- Add water. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and remaining ginger, red pepper and chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk broth, hoisin, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic.
- Add mixture to skillet; cook 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli back to pan.
- Sprinkle w/ peanuts and serve immediately.
- Great with rice.