Lemon Ice Cream CakeFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
How to make it
- Bake cake mix according to package directions using a rectangular baking pan. Cool 10 minutes in pan then cut in half. Carefully remove pieces from pan and cool thoroughly on a rack. When cake is cool trim pieces to match the size of the ice cream package using the larger side. (Remember to measure package as some brands are slightly larger than others). With a piece of thread or fine string slice pieces of cake in half through the middle so that you have four layers.
- Remove ice cream from package and place on a cutting board. Quickly using a clean sharp slicing knife slice two layers of ice cream the same width as the cake layers. Immediately wrap remaining ice cream in plastic on a baking sheet or tray and return to the freezer. Working very quickly set one layer of cake on a tray lined with plastic wrap then cover with one layer of ice cream.
- Repeat the process topping with a layer of cake.
- Store the assembled cake and ice cream layers in the freezer while you prepare the whipped cream.
- Wrap the extra cake layer and freeze for another use.
- In a chilled bowl whip cream adding sifted powdered sugar and vanilla gradually until stiff peaks form.
- Remove cake from freezer and frost top and sides with whipped cream.
- Return to freezer until whipped cream is frozen about 2 hours then wrap lightly in plastic.
- To serve slice in half lengthwise then cut each portion in 5 to make 10 total pieces.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!