Chili Cheese SteaksFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 pounds top round steak cut 1" thick shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 16 ounce can tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In cup combine flour, salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Trim excess fat from top round steak.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
- Place on cutting board then sprinkle with some of the flour mixture.
- With meat mallet pound flour mixture into meat.
- Turn meat over and repeat on other side.
- In 10" skillet over medium high heat cook meat in hot shortening until well browned on both sides.
- Remove to warm platter.
- In meat drippings cook chopped onions until browned.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture.
- Spoon onion and flour mixture into large shallow casserole.
- Arrange browned steaks on top.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid.
- Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Spoon off any fat drippings from casserole.
- Sprinkle top of steaks with shredded cheese.
- Heat 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!