Roast pork with Roasted VegetablesFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- 1 ½ - 4 pound pork roast (I prefer a loin roast, but any kind is fine) shopping list
- Your choice of any of the following: shopping list
- potatoes shopping list
- Small new potatoes shopping list
- carrots shopping list
- sweet potatoes shopping list
- broccoli shopping list
- cauliflower shopping list
- parsnips shopping list
- red cabbage or white cabbage shopping list
- mushrooms shopping list
- bell peppers shopping list
- onions shopping list
- winter squash shopping list
- asparagus shopping list
- Whole grape tomatoes or quartered whole tomatoes shopping list
- Sesame, olive, or walnut oil shopping list
- Coarse Ground salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°. The pork roast will need 20 minutes per pound to cook, and the vegetables will need about 30-45 minutes to cook
- Place the roast, fat side up, on a roasting rack or in a suitably-sized pan and roast 20 minutes per pound. Time things so that the roast will come out of the oven at least 5 minutes before the vegetables, so that it will have time to "rest."
- Cut the vegetables into slightly-larger-than-bite-sized chunks. Arrange them attractively in a pan. I like to make “stripes” of each type of vegetable, but you may also choose to strew them, confetti-like, in a random pattern. Sprinkle, spray, or brush on the flavorful oil of your choice, lightly salt them, and roast until done, about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve as is, or with any number of sauces.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!