Summery Fruit Salad with QuinoaFrom tooheymomster 9 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 medium to large cantaloupe shopping list
- 1 small jicama (8 to 9 oz.) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes shopping list
- 2 large stalks of celery shopping list
- 8 oz. fat-free or reduced-fat mayonnaise dressing shopping list
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. dry-roasted walnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped or thinly sliced, plus 5 sprigs for garnish shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into 5 wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the Quinoa according to package directions, omitting the salt and oil.
- Transfer the Quinoa to a large, chilled bowl.
- Once the Quinoa has cooled to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Meanwhile, dice the canteloupe, peel and dice the jicama, halve the grapes and slice the celery on the diagonal
- Refrigerate in seperate containers.
- At serving time, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt and stir the mixture into the Quinoa.
- Drain the canteloupe and stir the canteloupe, jicama, grapes, walnuts and 3 tbsp. mint into the Quinoa.
- To serve, place two 1-cup scoops of the salad on each plate.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge to squeeze over the salad.
The Cooktooheymomster Springfield, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!