Refried Beans And RiceFrom crs101271 5 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasoning shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice shopping list
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onions, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the kidney beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add rice. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Drop rounded spoonfuls of refried beans over rice; heat through. Garnish with cheese and onions if desired.