Spicy Stew With Shrimp Chicken And OkraFrom missj9 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup diced yellow onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper shopping list
- garlic, minced shopping list
- seven ounces tomato concasse, with juice shopping list
- chicken stock to cover shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked, sliced okra shopping list
- about 10 ounces cooked, shredded chicken meat shopping list
- 8 ounces shrimp, halved shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- thyme shopping list
- chili powder shopping list
- cayenne shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In your soup pot over medium-high heat, melt oil and butter together. Whisk in flour to make a
- roux. Stir constantly until mixture looks like wet sand and smells like popcorn.
- Stir in onion, celery, garlic, and bell pepper to coat in roux.
- Sprinkle in herbs and spices and stir to mix.
- Cover with chicken stock, add tomatoes, chicken, and shrimp.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked but not limp. The roux will also cook and thicken the soup a bit.
- Stir in okra.
- Rest in refrigerator overnight, warm, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
The Cookmissj9 Portland, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!