Chicken Stir-Fry with Chinese CabbageFrom chefboradeena 8 years ago
- 1 1/3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 head Chinese cabbage, sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup drained sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or scallion tops shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with the 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sherry, and the cayenne. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until almost done, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the onion, garlic, and coriander. Cook, stirring, until the onions are golden, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sherry and the vinegar. Cook, stirring, 1 minute longer.
- Add the cabbage, water chestnuts, the remaining 4 teaspoons soy sauce, the tomato paste, red-pepper flakes, and water and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes longer. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices, the cilantro, and the salt and cook, stirring, until the chicken is just done, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- A simple sauce of garlic, hot pepper, sherry, wine vinegar, and tomato, adds intense flavor to this quick stir-fry and it practically makes itself while the chicken and cabbage cook. Steamed rice is an ideal accompaniment.
The Cookchefboradeena GA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!