Vanilla Sugar CookiesFrom qtpie 6 years ago
- Cookies: shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- various food coloring shopping list
- colored sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- Sift dry ingredients together; beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl each time, then add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix at low speed until dough just comes together.
- Knead a couple of times just until smooth, then pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic and chill until firm enough to roll.
- Roll and cut as desired and place on parchment-lined sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix together sugar, butter, vanilla and milk until desired degree of spreading consistency; add milk if you want thinner frosting.
- Add food coloring to obtain desired color.
- Spread frosting over cookies and decorate with sprinkles.