Beef Veggie SoupFrom dixiegrits 8 years ago
- 1 pound ground round shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- garlic (as much as you like) shopping list
- 1 can whole kernal sweet corn shopping list
- 1 can white corn shopping list
- 1 large can of diced or stewed tomatoes (Not sauce) shopping list
- 1 can green beans shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Add your favorite.... shopping list
- 1 or 2 diced, peeled potatoes or shopping list
- 1 cup macaroni or shopping list
- barley 1/2 cup (uncooked) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat in olive oil, then add onions and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add canned veggies; do not drain.
- Add macaroni, potatoes or barley.
- Stir well, bring to a simmer, stir well again.
- Add water if more liquid is needed.
- Simmer on stove for 1 hour or until veggies are done.
- A very adaptable recipe, if you don't care for green beans add your preference, green peas, green lima beans, etc.