Goat Cheese-Spinach PastaFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 12 ounces dried spinach fettuccine shopping list
- 3 quarts (about 12 oz.) lightly packed rinsed, drained fresh spinach leaves, cut or torn into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2/3 C vegetable broth shopping list
- 8 ounces unsweetened soft fresh goat cheese (plain or flavored), broken into chunks, if possible (some types may be too soft to break) shopping list
- 2 C ripe cherry tomatoes (at room temperature), cut into 1/3-inch slices shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5-to6 quart pan, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in pasta and cook until just tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes. (Or cook pasta according to package directions.) Stir spinach into boiling water with pasta; continue to boil until spinach is wilted (30 to 45 seconds). Drain pasta-spinach mixture well and return to pan.
- While pasta is cooking, bring broth to a boil in a 1-to2 quart pan over medium-hight heat. Add cheese and stir until melted; remove from heat.
- Spoon cheese mixture over pasta and spinach; mix gently but thoroughly. Spoon onto a platter; scatter tomatoes over top. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!