Tony Romas Onion Rings - CopycatFrom nocturnalife 7 years ago
How to make it
- Slice the onions crosswise and separate into rings.
- Combine milk, eggs, and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
- Soak the onions in the mixture about 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil for frying in skillet to 375 degrees.
- Remove the onion rings from milk mixture, dip in pancake mix and place in hot oil.
- Fry rings until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Pack fried onion rings solidly, but loosely, without pressing, into an 8x4" loaf pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees 10 to 15 minutes. Turn onto serving plate.