Clear Clam ChowderFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 5 tablespoons cubed salt pork or 2 slices bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 rib celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can clam juice shopping list
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans minced clams or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- salt and white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven, lightly brown salt pork with onion and celery. Drain. Add clam juice and potatoes. (Add more water or clam juice if needed to cover vegetables.) Cook until tender.
- Just before serving, stir in clams and butter. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Variations: For Manhattan Clam Chowder, add 2 cups spaghetti sauce halfway through cooking. (You may also add just finely chopped stewed tomatoes, if desired.)
- For New England Clam Chowder, add 2 cups half-and-half with the butter.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- hayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!