Country Brown Rice DressingFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 4 oz. bulk pork or turkey sausage shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 cups shredded carrots (small bag) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or tart cherries shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan simmer rice and 2 cups water, covered 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile in large skillet cook mushrooms, sausage and onions until meat is done and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any fat.
- Stir in carrots, cranberries,parsley and basil.
- Stir cooked rice into sausage mixture.
- Season with slat and pepper to taste
- Cook and stir until heated through.