Indonisian Pork Medallions With Spiced Coconut SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons galangal peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic chopped shopping list
- 3 shallots chopped shopping list
- 1/4 small white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 red chilies seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons turmeric shopping list
- 24 ounces pork loin cut into 12 medallions shopping list
- 1 stalk lemon grass bottom 6 inches only smashed shopping list
- 1 bay leaf crushed shopping list
- 24 ounces evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened ground coconut shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Using small food processor combine first 7 ingredients into a paste.
- Sauté pork medallions in hot oil for 30 seconds on both sides.
- In deep saucepan combine paste, lemon grass, bay leaf, skim milk and coconut.
- Bring sauce to simmer for 10 minutes then add medallions and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Cover and check often adding water if liquid becomes too thick.
- Add lemon zest and cook 5 minutes more.
- Discard lemon grass and bay leaf then season with salt.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!