Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce WrapsFrom mystic75 8 years ago
- 2 cups, 4 handfuls, fresh shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 pounds thin cut chicken breast or chicken tenders shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light colored oil, such as vegetable oil or peanut oil shopping list
- coarse salt and coarse black pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 inch ginger root, finely chopped or grated, optional shopping list
- 1 orange, zested shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small shopping list
- 1 small tin, 6 to 8 ounces, sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped shopping list
- 3 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons hoisin, Chinese barbecue sauce, available on Asian foods aisle of market shopping list
- 1/2 large head iceberg lettuce, core removed, head quartered shopping list
- Wedges of navel orange -- platter garnish shopping list
- Remove tough stems from mushrooms and brush with damp towel to clean, slice mushrooms. Chop chicken into small pieces. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to high.
- Add oil to hot pan. Add chicken to the pan and sear meat by stir frying a minute or 2. Add mushrooms and cook another minute or two. Add salt and pepper to season, then garlic and ginger. Cook a minute more. Grate zest into pan, add bell pepper bits, chopped water chestnuts and scallions. Cook another minute, continuing to stir fry mixture. Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly. Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along side. Add wedged oranges to platter to garnish. To eat, pile spoonfuls into lettuce leaves, wrapping lettuce around fillings and squeeze an orange wedge over.
The Cookmystic75 Klang, MY
- Not added to any groups yet!