LasagneFrom mrscreavo 6 years ago
- 2lbs minced beef, or minced lamb, minced turkey or minced quorn. shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper shopping list
- 1/2 orange/Yellow pepper shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1/2 red onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic (2 if you want it really garlicy) shopping list
- 1 Red Chilli (optional if you want it spicy) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1-2 tps soy sauce shopping list
- 1-2 tps Worchester sauce shopping list
- With Lasagne i love that you can add what you like so don't be afraid of taking out what you don't like and add what you do like I.E. mushrooms, carrots etc.. shopping list
- HERBS: - (Optional) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp basil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp thyme shopping list
- Lasagne Sheets shopping list
- Lasagne Red Sauce (homemade or supermarket jar) shopping list
- Lasagne white sauce (homemade or supermarket jar) shopping list
- Grated cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- Prehead oven to 200c
- Leaving the meat, lasagne sheets and sauces to one side for the moment. Place all other ingredients into a blender and mix!! (i know this sounds weird but i find the flavours are unreal when the lasagne is finished) It will look like soup at this stage!!
- Place your meat into a big saucepan and cook.. adding some salt and pepper to taste..
- When the meat has browned place the ingredients that you have just blended into the meat. Stir until they are all mixed together. Simmer for about 3 mins. Then have a taste, this is when you can add more flavour if you wish, I.E. more chilli (at this stage i would use chilli flakes), garlic, soy sauce etc.. Then add your Lasagne red sauce, just add it slowly, you do not want the lasagne to have two much sauce in it or it will be impossible to serve.
- You can leave this over night if you wish to let all the flavours fuse together.
- Then get your lasagne dish and place some lasagne sheets on the bottom, your meat mixture on top then another layer of Lasagne sheets and then your Lasagne white sauce, repeat this until your dish is full or you run out of meat :)
- When this is completed sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and cover with tin foil (aluminum Foil) place in the oven for 35-40 mins (the lasagne is done when you see it bubbling.. yummy) For the last few mins take the tin foil off so the chesse can brown..
- Take out of the oven and leave for about 1/2 hour to rest then serve with some garlic bread, garlic potatoes or salad!! ENJOY:)
The Cookmrscreavo Galway, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!