Bacardi Rum CakeFrom stedsanna 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 1 18 1/2 oz package yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 3 3/4 oz package Jell-O vanilla Instant Pudding shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof) shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 lb butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 10" tube or 12 cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter over nuts. Bake 1 hour. Cool. Invert on serving plate. Prick top with fork. Spoon and brush glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze. Repeat until glaze is used up.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in rum.
- Optional: Decorate with border of sugar frosting or whipped cream.