BAKED NEW POTATO SALAD WITH PEANUTS AND MUSTARDFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup red peanuts shopping list
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes scrubbed shopping list
- 2 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced red onion shopping list
- 2 large carrot sliced on the diagonal 1/4" thick shopping list
- 2 medium ribs celery sliced on the diagonal 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoon grainy mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Put peanuts in a small baking pan and toast in preheated 350 oven 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly then rub in a kitchen towel to remove skins and chop coarsely.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a baking pan.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and several grindings of pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven then toss with vinegar and cool.
- Place diced red onion in small bowl and cover with ice water.
- Let sit 20 minutes to reduce acidity.
- Drain and squeeze out excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil then add carrots and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking then pat dry.
- Combine the cooled potatoes, onion, carrots and celery in a large bowl.
- Stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, cilantro, mustards, cumin and several grindings black pepper.
- Combine with vegetables and refrigerate then stir in peanuts just before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!