Rock Cornish HensFrom arban1898 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup shallots shopping list
- 1/2 cup cup ham shopping list
- 1 1/2 oysters shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten slitghly shopping list
- 4 cups of bread soaked in oyster water squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 tsp ground thyme shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- S & P to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbs parsley shopping list
- 2 boned Rock Hens shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 350
- In large skillet melt butter, saute onion, celery, shallots and ham.
- Add Oysters and heat though.
- Remove from heat, stir in eggs and bread. Mix.
- Return to heat and add thyme, S & P and parsley. Heat through.
- Stuff hens with mixture and tie legs together.
- Brush w/ meted butter, sprinkle S & P .
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour or until done.
- Remove Roasted hens to serving platter; keep warm.
- Blend drippings, 2 tsb flour and prepare roux..
- Stir in chicken stock until smooth.
- Strain and serve over hens.