Date And Fig LoafFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup figs, dried and chopped shopping list
- *If figs are not available to you, I have used 1 cup of apple chopped / diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dates, figs, butter and baking soda.
- Pour in the boiling water, stir well and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Beat the sugar, walnuts and eggs into the date mixture.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into date mixture until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.