Tomato Saltimbiques for 4From deliathecrone 5 years ago
- 200 gr. apples shopping list
- 200 gr. pears shopping list
- 75 gr. pineapples shopping list
- 2 gr. ginger shopping list
- 4 cloves shopping list
- 1 gr. anise shopping list
- 1 gr. cinnamon shopping list
- 15 gr. raisins shopping list
- 2 gr. orange peel shopping list
- 4 gr. lemon peel shopping list
- 1 gr. mint shopping list
- 10 gr. nuts shopping list
- 10 gr. almond shopping list
- 10 gr. pistachio-nut shopping list
- 2 beans vanilla shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the apples, pears, pineapples, ginger, nuts, almonds and pistachio nuts; mince the orange and lemon peels.
- Place a thin layer of sugar on a baking sheet to be candied.
- Brown the sugar, and add the apples, pears, pineapples; then, fry them on a brisk fire until nearly cooked.
- Add to the pan the orange and lemon peels, ginger, cloves, anise, cinnamon, raisins, chopped mint, nuts, almonds, pistachio nuts and vanilla.
- With this mixture, stuff the tomatoes previously hulled and seeded, after having carefully opened them on the top.
- Lightly dust the tomatoes with sugar, let it candy, then add orange juice and the rest of vanilla.
- Lay the tomatoes in the pan, bake them at 200-degrees for 5 to 7 minutes (depending on the size of tomatoes, use little ones if possible), and baste them frequently, with the juices.
- Serve with the cooking juice and a "quenelle" of vanilla ice-cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- deliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!