Broccoli Cauliflower And Okra With Creamy Lemon SauceFrom shubbard47 7 years ago
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 1 crown of broccoli shopping list
- 1/2 crown cauliflower shopping list
- 1 cup okra, chopped shopping list
- Thin rice noodles (or other noodles) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp tahini (sesame) paste shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- almonds, roasted and chopped shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- black pepper (fresh ground) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower, and okra. Cut large florets in half. Set aside.
- Zest one of the lemons and set the zest aside.
- Juice both lemons.
- In a small saucepan (cast iron works well), heat 1 Tbsp olive oil on low.
- In a steamer, steam the broccoli, cauliflower, and okra.
- Chop or crush garlic cloves, combine with olive oil in saucepan. Increase heat to medium-low, sautee 5 min.
- Add lemon zest and sautee for another 5-10 min.
- Add lemon juice, 1 Tbsp water, and tahini, stirring until the mixture has a creamy consistency. Reduce heat to low and stir every few minutes until ready to serve.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the rice noodles. Cook according to directions on the package.
- Once vegetables have reached desired tenderness, drain the noodles and vegetables.
- Serve noodles topped with vegetables, sauce, and almonds.
- Note: If using cast iron for the sauce, be sure to rinse promptly after and re-season with oil right away. The highly acidic lemon juice can strip the pan of some of its seasoning/coating.
The Cookshubbard47 Washington, DC
- Not added to any groups yet!