Green Tomatoe PieFrom kismet 8 years ago
- Pastry for double crust (10" pie) shopping list
- 1 and 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 4 cups peeled small green tomatoes,cut in wedges shopping list
- 2 cups seedless green grapes,halved shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon daiquiri cocktail mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup light rum shopping list
- 4 large mint leaves,minced shopping list
- 3 Tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Place on of the pie crust in pie pan.
- Combine sugar,flour salt,allspice,mix well.
- Add tomatoes and grapes,stir gently to coat with the flour mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Spoon into pastry shell
- Place other crust on top,Seal,Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minute.
- Remove foil,and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- It is a good pie,alot of people are apprehensive in trying this because of the green tomatoes in a dessert pie.I beleive if you try it that you will think it different, and enjoy it.
The Cookkismet TX
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!