Creamy Apricot And Onion DipFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 4 apricots or 2 nectarines, about 3/4 lb., pitted, and cut into 8 wedges each shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- baguette slices shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium mixing bowl toss apricots with 1 teaspoon oil and the chili powder to coat. Brush the onion slices with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- For a charcoal grill, grill apricot wedges *on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well marked and tender but still hold their shape. Grill the onion slices for 7 to 8 minutes per side until well marked and tender. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place apricots and onions on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Transfer apricots and onion slices to a cutting board and cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, coriander, and cayenne pepper. When the apricots and onion are cool, chop onions into small pieces and stir into the sour cream mixture. Coarsely chop apricots and spoon atop. Stir into dip just before serving. Can be served immediately or for more flavor allow to refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with baguette slices sprinkled with chives.