Pepper SteakFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- 1 pound beef round shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, ** see note shopping list
- 1/4 cup salad oil shopping list
- 1 cup green onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 cup red and green bell peppers, cut in 3/4" cubes shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 tomato, cut into 2" chunks shopping list
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, canned, sliced shopping list
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef across grain into thin strips. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger. Add beef. Toss and set aside while preparing vegetables.
- Heat oil in large frying pan or wok. Add beef and toss over high heat until browned. Taste meat. If it is not tender, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 min. over low heat.
- Turn heat up and add vegetables. Toss until vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 minutes. Mix cornstarch with water. Add to pan; stir and cook until thickened. Add tomatoes and heat through. You can prepare the beef ahead and refrigerate just before adding the vegetables. Finish cooking later.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!