Fabulous Curry With Chicken Tomatoes And SpinachFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- 1 cup rice shopping list
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large onion (for about 1 cup chopped) shopping list
- 1/4 cup preserves of figs, peaches, plums, or oranges shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream or cream cheese shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (mild or hot, depending on your taste) shopping list
- (or throw in your favorite mix of curry spices -- turmeric, cardamon, etc) shopping list
- 6 handfuls spinach shopping list
- 2-3 Tablespoons pine nuts shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion. Toss into the skillet with the oil.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and add to the skillet.
- Raise the heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. When the chicken is no longer pink in the center, reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes with their juice, along with the garlic, ginger, fruit preserves, and curry powder. Stir to mix well.
- 4. Sprinkle the spinach on top of the chicken mixture and cover the pan. Steam the spinach just until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. (The spinach will not be fully wilted at this point, but the heat from the sauce will finish the cooking.) Add the pine nuts. Remove the skillet from the heat, and add the sour cream. Stir until the sour cream is fully incorporated into the sauce. Season lightly with black pepper. To serve, spoon the chicken mixture over hot, steamed rice.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!