Beef Black Bean and Chorizo ChiliFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 2 links Spanish chorizo sausage (about 6 1/2 ounces), thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 (14-ounce) cans less-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons masa harina shopping list
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chorizo to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove chorizo from pan. Add half of beef to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining beef. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
- Remove 4 chipotle chiles from can, and chop. Reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use. Add chorizo, beef, chopped chiles, tomato paste, and next 6 ingredients (through ground cumin) to pan, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in red wine, lime juice, beef broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir in masa harina. Add pinto beans and black beans; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.