Old-fashioned Spiced Banana BreadFrom rae760 8 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar (or splenda sugar sub.) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 bananas, mashed shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, and milk. Add the banana mixture slowly to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over beat.
- Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Dust the pan lightly with flour. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 45-50 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn the loaf out onto a rack and cool completely.