Low - Cholesterol Carrot CakeFrom barbiedoll 8 years ago
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free egg product shopping list
- 2/3 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 cups freshly shredded carrots (4 to 5) in food processor shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 container Whipped cream cheese frosting--no cholesterol if you can find it or a cream cheese frosting of your choice shopping list
- chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 for shiny metal or glass pan or 325 for dark or nonstick pan. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In medium bowl , beat cake mix, cinnamon, egg product, applesauce and oil with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Add shredded carrots; beat about 1 minute or unteil well blended. Stir in raisins. Pour batter into pan, spread evenly.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until center of cake feels firm or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on cooling rack at least 1 hour.
- Frost, top with chopped walnuts
- Refrigerate until frosting is firm before serving , about 30 minutes. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.