chicken and leek soupFrom jeanniegirl 6 years ago
- 3lb skinless (optional) chicken thighs (bone in) shopping list
- 2 onions peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 celery sticks roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 ltrs water shopping list
- 1 oz butter shopping list
- 900g leeks trimmed and sliced shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- place the chicken thighs in a saucepan just big enough, so they fit snugly
- add the chopped onions, celery, carrots and bay leaf
- add the water and bring to the boil. reduce heat and simmer gently for 1 hour
- melt the butter in a frying pan, add the leeks and gently fry for 10 minutes.
- remove the chicken thighs from the pan and strip the meat from the bones.
- place the chicken back in saucepan, add seasoning at this stage.
- add leeks to saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes more.
- serves 8 as a starter, but hearty enough to serve 4 as a main meal.
The Cookjeanniegirl Braintree, GB
The Rating1 people
Just made it for dinner and it's great - I have also added some dried porcini mushrooms + potatoes. We loved the healthy, 'clean' feel of the soup and would make it again.
Ellie from Brisbane, Australiaellierentoul in Brisbane loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!