apple tartFrom dancingfaith84 7 years ago
- 6 golden apples peeled, cored, sliced 1/8 inch shopping list
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 c apricot jam shopping list
- crust shopping list
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 2 to 4 tsp ice cold water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 375'
- In a big mixing bowl combine flour and salt . Using a dough cutter or two knives cut in butter . Make sure not to use you hands as much as possible or butter will get warm and will be hard to mix in flour . Add half water and see if dough forms in a ball , if it does not add more . dough should not be wet . When mixed form into a flat disc cover tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour .
- By the time the dough is chilled all of your apples should be prepped . Roll out dough on floured surface . It should be big enough to fit a nine inch round pan . place rolled dough sheet in pan , cut extra edge .
- place apple slices in a single layer . I like to use a rose pattern . Once apples fill all the crust sprinkle the top with sugar and thin slices of butter.
- Bake 45 min or until golden brown . Right out of the oven bast tart with heated apricot jam . Serve heated or room temp .
The Cookdancingfaith84 Delaware, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!