Garlic and sweet potato quicheFrom barneyhawes 9 years ago
- 30g unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 375g puff pastry shopping list
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm wedges shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 heads garlic, cloves peeled shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped thyme shopping list
- 130g goats cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 100ml double cream shopping list
- 100ml creme fraiche shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the overn to 180C/gas mark 4.
- Brush a 22cm tin with butter, roll out pastry and line the tin. Brush it with more butter and bake for 30 mins (or until cooked).
- Spread the squash over an oven tray, sprinkle with a little oil and salt, and roast for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil the garlic in a small pan for 3 mins, then drain.
- Fry the garlic in a couple of tablespoons of oil for a couple of minutes, then add vinegar and 100ml water, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the sugar, herbs and 1/2 tsp salt and simmer for 10 more mins to make a caramelly syrup.
- Whisk together eggs, creams, 1/2 tsp salt and some black pepper.
- Put the squash in the pastry case, scatter with garlic (& syrup) and goat's cheese, and then pour over the eggy cream.
- Turn the oven to 170C/gas mark 3 and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
The Cookbarneyhawes Bristol, GB
The Rating1 people
I love the goat cheese addition! This sounds like a wonderful alternative to the old standard quiche lorraine - thanks for the great posting... I will be trying this very soon and let you know how it came out!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!