Coconut CookiesFrom jones2888 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted - not butter shopping list
- 1 box (2-layer size) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 lb. confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Combine margarine, cake mix and 1 egg. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pat mixture into bottom of well-greased 15X10 inch jellyroll pan, spreading evenly.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs lightly, then beat in cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Stir in coconut and, if desired, the nuts. Pour over mixture in jellyroll pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool pan on wire rack to room temperature. makes 4 dozen bar cookies
- NOTE: Use plain cake mix, not one with pudding added. Do not used whipped margarine.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!