Chicken AlfredoFrom rockstar 9 years ago
- chicken ALFREDO shopping list
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut in slices about 1/4 " thick then in bite-size morsels shopping list
- 3 - 4 leaves of sage shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeded, coarsley diced, sautéed in olive oil or butter (optional) shopping list
- 8 oz pasta (fettuccine, tagliatelle) or 12 oz (3/4 package) penne, etc. (fettuccine is heavier). shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (or 2 of olive oil for sauteeing the chicken and 2 of butter for the sauce) shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan), at room temperature, plus extra cheese to pass at the table shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup Half and Half (mixture of light and heavy cream) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper (use white pepper if you have it) shopping list
- a pinch of nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the pasta
- In the large sauté pan, sauté the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter or good olive oil until lightly browned.
- Set chicken aside on a warm plate.
- Cook the pasta. TIP: Remember to reserve some of the cooking water to moisten your chicken Alfredo if it is too dry.
- In the sauté pan, add the heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to the same pan.
- Keep cooking on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture reduces slightly and thickens.
- Add pinch of nutmeg, 3 - 4 leaves of sage, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Add the cooked chicken and optional ingredients and mix again. Taste for salt.
- Add a TBSP or two of the pasta cooking water if too dry.
- Add the cooked and well-drained pasta to the sauce.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookrockstar Hamilton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!