Pork steaks with a summer diceFrom healthykidsrock 9 years ago
- 4 large pork steaks shopping list
- 1 tbspn rosemary shopping list
- 1 medium butternut squash shopping list
- 1 large red onion finely diced shopping list
- 12 chestnut mushrooms shopping list
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (Roma if available) shopping list
- peas (Frozen are fine) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- Handful fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- rock salt, pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Take the fresh Rosemary and finely chop, mix with the rock salt.
- Rub evenly over the pork steaks and drizzle with a little oil. Place under a hot grill and begin to cook.
- My pork steaks were cooked under a hot grill for 3 minutes each side and then for a further 1 minute each side under a moderate heat.
- Always allow your meat to rest. For 8 minutes cooking I would rest for around 3 minutes. If you think it isn’t warm enough to serve gently heat it through under the grill.
- When cooking your pork you need to decide for yourself if it’s cooked as all cuts of meat and all cooking appliances vary in both size and temperature.
- Summer dice
- One of my major problems with food writing is weights and measures. It goes against everything I stand for as a creative. So in my own little protest to all things precise the following recipe deliberately doesn’t use any specific measurements.
- Let taste be your guide!!
- A simple dish to prepare a simple dish to cook. It goes really well with light meats like pork, chicken and turkey. It’s a variation on my economy vegetable hash which uses more root veggies.
- There are 3 main stages to this dish preparation, cooking, garnishing.
- Dice all your vegetables and chives. I would suggest around 1 cm. Make sure to de- seed your tomatoes.
- In a large hot oiled pan, sauté the squash, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, frequently tossing in the pan and cook until soft.
- Finish by tossing in the tomatoes, parmesan, peas and chives.