Creamed Oysters with Virginia HamFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
- 3 (12-ounce) containers fresh Select oysters, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup sherry shopping list
- 1 pound cooked country ham, diced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste shopping list
- toast points shopping list
How to make it
- Drain oysters, reserving 1/2 cup oyster liquor; set aside.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add reserved oyster liquor, whipping cream and sherry; cook
- over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Add oysters, ham, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over toast points.