Flambe Banana With Chocolate SauceFrom b1g_gangly_th1ng 8 years ago
How to make it
- For the sauce - Chop each mars bar into 6 pieces
- Place into a heavy based saucepan and melt over a gentle heat (be careful not to melt too quickly otherwise the nougat and toffee will burn)
- As the mars bars breakdown add a drop of milk to the pan and stir to create a smooth and thick chocolate sauce
- Turn off heat and wait for the banana's to catch up
- Peel banana's, chop into nice big bite size chunks, add to a bowl and sprinkle with sugar to taste
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan (I use the wok) over a medium heat, ensure it doesn't burn
- Once the pan is hot introduce the banana's and sugar and cook over a high heat
- Just as the sugar begins to caramelise add a good glug of brandy to the pan and flambée
- Remove from the heat and serve with the chocolate sauce poured over the top
The Cookb1g_gangly_th1ng Leicestershire, GB
The Rating1 people
Hi Big this is perfect I am scooping out the French vanilla ice cream so I can place this warm topping on to it.
Oh your timing is perfect and this recipe is also perfect. That candy bar short cut is great.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!