Chorizo Pork And Bean StewFrom jonathonread 7 years ago
- 400g pork steaks, cut into 1cm chunks shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp picante pimenton (hot smoked paprika) - or more if you like it hot shopping list
- 200g chorizo, cut into 1 cm chunks shopping list
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 150ml red wine shopping list
- 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- large handful of chopped coriander (cilantro) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat about 1tbsp of oil in a large pot, and fry the pork in batches until well browned and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the paprika and chorizo and cook for a minute.
- Put the browned pork back in the pan along with the tomatoes, the wine and about 300ml water.
- Season, cover, and leave to stew gently for about 2 hours.
- Stir in the beans and leave to cook for a further 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve with chopped coriander.
The Cookjonathonread Brighton, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!