Chili With Pork And ChickpeasFrom elle 8 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs pork, cubed into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp cocoa shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (or not seeded, if you prefer) shopping list
- small handful chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and saute for about 3 minutes, then add the pork.
- Saute for a few minutes and get the pork nicely browned.
- Stir in the next 8 ingredients (cumin through red pepper) and stir constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add the beef broth and scrape up all the good bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomato paste, chickpeas, tomatoes and jalapeno, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve up with a healthy dollop of sour cream or my preference, Greek yogurt, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating1 people
Mmmmm fabulous, Elle :) I like the idea of using leftover pork chunks, and getting a touch of beef flavour out of the broth. Like the chickpeas too :) Great post -- fantastic pic!! (Got me hungry...)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!