Pasticcio Stuffed ShellsFrom juliecake 9 years ago
- 4 c peeled and chopped eggplant shopping list
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 med onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- 1/4 c butter shopping list
- 3 T flour shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 t pepper shopping list
- 2 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 2 T parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 c ricotta cheese (may sub cottage cheese) shopping list
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- pasta shells, cooked about 12 (depending how you stuff 'em) shopping list
How to make it
- In covered saucepan cook eggplant in small amount of boiling salted water about 5 minutes or till tender. Drain, set aside. Cook sausage, onion and garlic till meat browns and onion is tender. Drain fat.
- For sauce: Melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Add milk and parsley. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Combine ricotta, eggplant, sausage mixture and 1 cup of the sauce. Stuff into shells and place in greased 13x9" pan. Spoon remaining sauce over shells; sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or till heated through.
- Garnish with additional parsley.
- If you prefer, ground beef or lamb may be substituted for the sausage. Both turn out wonderful