Ham steaks with beans rice Portuguese wayFrom gilfonseca 6 years ago
- Portuguese, spanish or italian good ham. shopping list
- breadcrumbs shopping list
- olive oil or pork fat shopping list
- 1 litre of beer shopping list
- 1 can of red beans or previously boiled beans. shopping list
- rice shopping list
- 2 fresh red soft tomatos shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- onions shopping list
- eggs shopping list
How to make it
- 1) buy the ham, and ask to slice it thin (about 1/3 of 1 inch, each steak)
- 2) take of the fat part (the pork's skin)
- leave it marinating in beer for 5 or 6 hours. Make sure that the ham steaks are covered by the beer.
- 3) dry the ham steaks with a piece of kitchen paper
- 4) prepare a pan with olive oil, garlic, and 2 onions, very thin chopped. Also add the coarse salt.
- 5) Fry slightly until the onions turn gold-coloured (but be carefull not to burn)
- 6) Add two fresh red soft tomatos, previously cut in pieces and heat it until the tomatos disappear within the sauce
- 7) Add rice, previously washed, and the appropriate amount of water. Add also the beans, which should be previously boiled.
- 8) prepare a bowl with a couple of eggs and mix it.
- 9) When this sauce and rice starts to boil, prepare a frying pan and add olive oil. Just pass the ham steaks through the mixed (and raw) eggs, and then through the breadcrumbs until the steaks are looking white.
- 10) Fry the ham steaks, as the rice boils. See if it needs some more salt.
- 11) When the rice is ready, add chopped fresh cilantro, and quickly close the pan. Turn of the heating.
- 12) Serve the ham fried steaks with the beans and tomato rice. The rice should be wet. To drink, choose red wine, preferently portuguese or italian.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- gilfonseca Lisbon, PT
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgilfonseca Lisbon, PT
- Not added to any groups yet!