Rabbit cooked in red wineFrom gilfonseca 6 years ago
- 1 rabbit, chopped in pieces (keep the liver and kidnies) shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- bay-leafs shopping list
- paprika sweet shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- red wine shopping list
- port wine shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- onions shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- rice shopping list
- potatos shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Keep the rabbit's kidnies and liver, and chopp the rabbit in pieces
- 2) Take off the fat excess
- 3) Marinate it with coarse salt, pepper, garlic in thin pieces, bay leaf (make sure you take the central part of the leaf off), paprika sweet, a generous amount of red wine and a small amount of Port wine (a small glass). Leave it for six hours (preferebly, for 24 hours) before cooking.
- 4) Prepare a pan with olive oil, two onions shopped in thin slices, and fry it until the onion slices get gold-coloured (don't burn it).
- 5) Put the rabbit's pieces inside the pan, along with the liver and kidnies. Use also the sauce.
- 6) Add just enough water not to let it burn. Boil it and stirr for one hour.
- 7) Serve with white rice and french fries