Frittata Formaggio With PotatoesFrom daddyoman 5 years ago
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup of water shopping list
- 1/2 cup of milk shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 11/2 teaspoons marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon chervil or parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 3 small-medium red potatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy skillet or dish that can be transferred to the oven, saute' onion in several tablespoons olive oil and wine until onion starts to turn transparent, about ten minutes.
- Lower heat.
- Add garlic and cook until garlic just starts to darken (2-4 minutes).
- Remove onion and garlic with slotted spoon.
- Add chopped potatoes, salt, pepper, and half of the herbs, adding more oil if necessary.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until light brown, turning several times.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- While potatoes are cooking, mix four eggs, two egg whites, milk and water. Add salt, pepper, and the rest of the herbs.
- Loosen the potatoes from the bottom of the pan and pour in about 1/4 of the eggs mixture and cook until just set.
- Add the rest of the eggs and place uncovered in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the eggs look set.
- Add the shredded cheese on top, and put back in the oven.
- When the cheese is melted and starts to darken, it is done.
- Slice like a pie and serve.
The Cookdaddyoman St Louis, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!