Biggest Loser Beef Tenderloin with Baked YamsFrom manda 6 years ago
- 4 small yams shopping list
- 1 large vidalia onion, cut into rings about 1/3 inch thick shopping list
- Pam spray shopping list
- 4 slices turkey bacon shopping list
- 4 medium tomatillos, husks removed shopping list
- ½ vidalia onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and NuSalt shopping list
- 4 5-ounce portions lean beef tenderloin shopping list
- 1 ½ cups Free-Range chicken broth, low sodium shopping list
- ¾ cup lite sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bake yams in 350 degree oven until tender, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, heat grill over high heat. Spray onion rings with pam and grill until charred on each side. Combine onions with chicken stock in a small saucepot. Cover and simmer until onions are tender, about 6 minutes.
- 2. Cook turkey bacon according to package instructions. Crumble.
- 3. Char tomatillos over an open flame until skins are mostly black. Rub off skin with paper towels and roughly chop tomatillos. Combine with Vidalia onion, cilantro and lime juice and season with NuSalt. Set aside.
- 4. Meanwhile, heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season steaks with pepper and NuSalt and spray pan with pam. Cook steaks in pan for about 4 mintutes per side for medium rare. Allow meat to rest.
- 5. Next, puree and strain the onion broth mixture and season with pepper and NuSalt.
- 6. Mix together the sour cream, chives, parsley and garlic. Season well with pepper and NuSalt.
- 7. Serve steaks with onion jus and serve sweet potatoes with yogurt herb mixture, tomatillo salsa and crumbled turkey bacon.