Flaxseed Falafel SandwichFrom jovi_nutt 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup flaxseed shopping list
- 1 (19 oz) can chickpeas shopping list
- 2 galic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsely shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground corriander shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed shopping list
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 4 ( 6-inch) pitas, cut in half shopping list
- 8 curly leaf lettuce leaves shopping list
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad shopping list
- 1/2 c. plain fat-free yogurt shopping list
- *****MEDITERRANEAN CHOPPED SALAD***** shopping list
- 1 c. diced tomato shopping list
- 1/2 c. diced peeled English cucmber shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 tsp minced seeded jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place 1/3 cup flaxseed in a blender or clean coffee grinder, and process until ground to measure 1/2 cup flaxseed meal; set flaxseed meal aside.
- Drain chickpeas over a bowl, reserving liquid. Place chickpeas, garlic and 1 tablespoon reserved liquid in blender; pulse 5 times or until coarsely chopped. Add flaxseed meal, parsley, and next 5 ingredients ( parsley through red pepper); pulse just until mixture is combined. Divide chickpea mixture into 8 eual portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch-thick patty. Combinebreadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon flaxseed in a shallow dish,. Dip patties in egg white, dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add patties, cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Line each pita half with a lettuce leaf, fill each pita half with 1 patty and 1/3 cup Mediterranean Chopped Salad. Top each with 1 tablespoon yogurt. ( serving size: 2 pits halves).
- *******MEDITERRANEAN CHOPPED SALAD*******
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Let stand for up to 2 hours.
The Cookjovi_nutt Newtown, PA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!