Rigatoni With Italian Poultry Sausage And Sweet PeppersFrom thepiggs 5 years ago
- 8 oz. dried rigatoni shopping list
- 1 12-oz. pkg. cooked sweet Italian poultry sausage links or chicken-and-apple sausage links (4 links) shopping list
- 2 medium sweet peppers (yellow, red, and/or orange), cut into 3/4-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or beef broth shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or Italian parsley shopping list
- Freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions with a pinch of salt; drain. Return pasta to saucepan. Meanwhile, cut the sausage into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet cook sausage and sweet peppers over medium heat until sausage is brown.
- Stir the broth* and crushed red pepper into skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour over pasta; add basil. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- *NOTE: Because this is a broth-based sauce, choose a full-flavored one that you like.
- Per serving: 364 cal., 6 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 56 mg chol., 724 mg sodium, 48 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.